Tuesday, April 29, 2014

With the win, Johnson (18-8) moves on to this Friday s Bellator heavyweight semifinal bout against u


HOME NEWS MMA News UFC News Press Releases MMA Insider Blog BLOG RUMORS MEDIA Videos Photos Radio TOP 10 Heavyweight Light Heavyweight Middleweight Welterweight Lightweight Featherweight Bantamweight fisher and paykel washing machine Flyweight Women's Pound-for-Pound FORUMS
After nearly two years of frustration fisher and paykel washing machine and three straight losses, veteran Lavar Big Johnson finally got back on the winning track earlier fisher and paykel washing machine this year in the Bellator Season 10 Heavyweight Tournament. In defeating Ryan Martinez via TKO in March, not only did Johnson end his losing streak, but he also extended his career, which before the fight was in jeopardy.
I had a few losses before that, so to get that W, I really needed that or (I was going to) hang it up, said Johnson. It got to the point to where if I m not beating these guys and I can t be the best then I feel I should not be fighting.
It didn t go as planned, said Johnson. I didn t know (Martinez) was going to be that good of a wrestler, to hold me down like that. He s got good ground and pound, so I knew I had to be out from under him.
With the win, Johnson (18-8) moves on to this Friday s Bellator heavyweight semifinal bout against undefeated Bulgarian prospect Blagoi Ivanov (10-0) in Temecula, Calif. Their fight headlines Bellator 116.
We ve worked a little bit on the ground and getting up and everything like that, but otherwise we keep it the same, said Johnson. I know how I like to fight and what my traits are. I just like to try to make it exciting swing for the fences and try to put them away.
Related posts Bellator 116 Features Heavyweight Semifinals; Lavar Johnson vs. Blagoi Ivanov Headlines Lavar Johnson Getting a Fresh Start, Aims for Bellator Heavyweight Belt Lavar Johnson Receives Nine-Month Suspension; UFC Drops Him Christian M’Pumbu vs. Attila Vegh Light Heavyweight Championship Heads Bellator 91 Lavar Johnson Out of UFC on Fox 5, Brendan Schaub Pulled from the Card
I ve got to stay away from (Ivanov s) clinch. He s got good Sambo, so I think as long as I can stay away from him clinching me, I think it s the same thing (as all my other fights): I ll pressure him, put him up against the cage, and put him to sleep.
I ve been doing this for a little over ten years now and my body s been through some things, so I think it s time for another chapter in life, he said. I m happy with my career, and I m going to give it one last shot.
RECENT HEADLINES Watch the UFC Special Announcement Press Conference from Mexico City Tuesday at 4 PM ET Joe Ellenberger vs. Francisco Trevino fisher and paykel washing machine Added to UFC Fight Night 44 in San Antonio UFC on FOX 11 Video Replay: Fabricio Werdum vs. Travis Browne in Super Slow Motion Claudinha Gadelha Opts Out of TUF 20 Opportunity Dana White Says Jones vs. Gustafsson 2 Could Sell 50,000 fisher and paykel washing machine to 60,000 Seats in Europe A Couple fisher and paykel washing machine Home Tests Won’t Get Vitor Belfort into UFC 175 Headliner with Chris Weidman Blog Video: Proof that Glover Teixeira is the UFC’s Class Act Jon Jones: “I’m Closing Up Holes in My Game; I’ll Be a Champion for a Long Time” ONE FC Champ Bibiano Fernandes Says Masakatsu Ueda is “Just Another Opponent” Fighters React To Jon Jones’ UFC 172 Win Over Glover Teixeira Via Twitter
MMAWEEKLY SOCIAL Follow MMAWeekly on Facebook Follow MMAWeekly on Twitter Follow MMAWeekly on Google+ Follow MMAWeekly on YouTube PAGES MMAWeekly.com Home UFC News MMA News MMA Insider Blog MMA Rumors MMA World Rankings Top 10 MMA Media MMA Forum MMA Store Contact Us Privacy Policy
UFC 172 Jones vs. Teixeira UFC 172 Event Page UFC 172 News UFC 172 Videos UFC 172 Start Times UFC 172 Play by Play UFC 172 Results RUMORS UFC 172 UFC Fight Night 40 UFC 173 TUF Brazil 3 Finale UFC Fight Night 41 UFC Fight Night 42 UFC 174 UFC Fight Night 43 UFC Fight Night 44 UFC 175 TUF 19 Finale fisher and paykel washing machine UFC Fight Night 45 UFC Fight Night 46 UFC 178 UFC Halifax UFC 181 UFC 182
Trending on MMAWeekly.com Ronda Rousey Sara McMann Cat Zingano Miesha Tate Georges St-Pierre Anderson Silva Chris Weidman Johny Hendricks Robbie Lawler Mark Hunt Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva Jon Jones Nick Diaz


No comments:

Post a Comment